Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Time for my monthly update...

Um, oops... there I went again neglecting my blog for almost a whole month!

I have one question- where did October go?!!!

I can tell you one thing for sure, it's been a reallllyyy busy month for me, and a fun one too!

It involved lots of meeting new people, making lots of crafty things, and researching lots of boring business stuff!

I launched my new Etsy Store, and little company Oak Valley Crafts & Gifts!



 I made some Halloween Themed Coasters- BOO!! ($8.00)



 Fall themed Candle Holders (Vintage Pumpkin ($12.00), and Coasters (Vintage Autumn Butterfly ($12.00)
(I found the vintage pumpkin and butterfly designs on a great blog called The Graphics Fairy, and I've linked them up to her weekly Brag Monday feature!)




Lots of coasters featuring our local covered bridge and community motto! These were super popular at the Octoberfest carnival here in town!




 And, I've been busily working on custom, personalized coaster orders too! ($20.00 for set of four)

I was excited to be invited to join the Tehachapi Valley Arts Association and start working at and selling my items at Gallery & Gifts!

I'm also signed up to sell my crafts at two more car shows (Lancaster 10-29, and California City 11-13) and at a big Holiday Bazaar next month (11-25, 11-26) at Bear Valley Springs. Last but not least, I'll also be at Souza Family Vineyards for their Holiday Boutique events (11-11, 12-9)!! Whew!!

As you can probably tell, I've been making quite a lot of coasters, candle holders, and cards lately. That wasn't enough for me though, so I'm adding magnets and tree ornaments to the selection... watch this space :)

I haven't had time to spend on much of anything else lately lol! But, we've been making decisions and making plans... I'll share more on that soon.

The new Watkins catalogs arrived yesterday too, wooo! I already have a list as long as my arm of more products I want to try, and an ever increasing list of my faves!! I'm introducing a new feature, Watkins Wednesday tomorrow- so again, watch this space! :)

Ok, time to get back to work- I have 20 sets of coasters to make today lol!!

Lynsey x


1 comment: